The Anderson-Abruzzo Albuquerque International Balloon Museum presents the development of ballooning through historic, scientific and artistic objects reflecting world-wide achievements in this field.
The Mission of the Anderson-Abruzzo International Balloon Museum Foundation is to raise funds, foster public recognition and promote and build membership for the Albuquerque International Balloon Museum. ...
Albuquerque Balloon Museum offers group tours for adults!
Any size group may schedule, in advance, a tour to the Balloon Museum. Tours are available Tuesday through Sunday - 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
During the nine days of Balloon Fiesta, group tours will not be offered at specific times. However, tour guides are available each day and based on their availability will post a schedule for the next tour.
The Sky Lounge, a space for dining and leisure, offers just the thing setting for a relaxing lunch after your tour. Sack lunches are another option while touring the museum. The Museum has five caterers who are available for catering your group tour.
For more information, please call 505-880-0500.
School Field Trips
Albuquerque Balloon Museum tours are available upon request for students who would enjoy exploring the history of ballooning. Tours are guided, and include fun activities! If curious about learning activities as well as a tour, museum educators can instruct you how best to customize the activity to match your syllabus.
To reserve a tour for your school, completion of this form is required.
- Local & International History
- Folk & Visual Art
- Ballooning & World Culture
- Flight & Weather Science
- Competition & Adventure Sport
Field Trips Include:
- A half hour or full hour guided tour.
- An indoor or outdoor space for lunch. (Lunch not provided).
- A half hour, to hour, classroom learning activity.
- 30 participants or less- $35.
- More than 30 but less than, or up to 60 participants- $50.
*Maximum group size is 60 participants.
Please email Emily Greenwood (email@example.com) to arrange events for your school.
All learning activities are taught by Museum Educators, and should be scheduled in advance. Activity length is based on grade level and group needs.
Pre-K and Kindergarten
Wednesdays from 9:30 to 10:15, Pre-K and Kindergartener’s can enjoy a free activity called Stories in the Sky! The activity includes: stories, songs, games, crafts, and a different story/activity every week. Participants can also explore the Balloon Museum after Stories in the Sky.
If your group comprises10 or more students, please email Laurie Magovern at Lmagovern@cabq.gov
This age group can expect a half-hour to one hour guided tour, plus: learning activities with Museum Educators, lunch at the Museum (not provided by museum), and unguided exploring.
Some fun Activities include:
Art and Ballooning: Fun, and functional art projects.
Watching Weather: Learn and experiment with factors of weather that impact ballooning.
We Are a Balloon Crew: This activity applies teamwork in order to understand mechanics of ballooning.
Map Detectives: Investigate different balloonists’ maps.
Plan a Balloon Expedition: Discussion of plans, skills, necessities, mechanics, and complexities of a three-day trip in a gas balloon.
Please email Emily Greenwood (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange individual events for your school.
For your pleasure, we ask that you follow this approach:
- 1 adult chaperone for every 7 students. Discuss expectations with chaperones in advance.
- Remain with student participants at all times, and uphold discipline.
- For safety of Balloon Museum artifacts and exhibitions, discuss in advance student etiquette. Etiquette should include: no running, inside voices, following directions, respect for other visitors, and gentle use of applied displays.
· On-time arrival of a gathered group ready for entrance. Behind schedule arrival will call for a shortened visit.
· No food, beverages, gum or candy will be allowed inside museum.
*Sack lunches are to be left at the eating area upon your arrival.
Market your business and show your support today! Call 505.880.0500 for details!
La Noche Blanca
La Noche Blanca
An Evening in White. An evening of "top flight" entertainment and a fundraiser benefiting the Anderson Abruzzo Albuquerque International Balloon Museum's Balloonist Tribute Area.
Please visit La Noche Blanca more information.
"There are 380 Shades of White...Wear One!"
Travel Guide New Mexico tm Albuquerque Balloon Museum